The Lactation Store offers new mothers the convenience of everything in one place, including professional lactation advice and assistance, and all the products and apparel to make breastfeeding comfortable and convenient.
Located in the Lifestyle Center, the Lactation Store carries an entire line of high-quality breast pumps and accessories for purchase or rental. A high-quality breast pump is especially important for women returning to work or for those experiencing difficulties.
Our lactation consultants are also certified nursing bra fitters and can help you select a properly fitted maternity or nursing bra. Maternity support belts, slings, pillows and other items are also available. Fittings and consultations are scheduled by appointment only. Please call 757-312-3159 for more information.
Lactation Store Location
Located inside The Lifestyle Center on the campus of Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
800 Battlefield Boulevard, North
Chesapeake, VA 23320
757-312-3159 and 757-312-6508
Lactation Store Hours
Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Lactation/Childbirth Education Assistance
Monday-Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Lactation Store: 757-312-6508
Prepared Childbirth Education: 757-312-6508
Outpatient Lactation: 757-312-3159
- Full line of Medela pumps and products for the best in manual, foot-powered, fully-automatic electric, or hands-free pumping
- All the supplies you need - storage bags, soothing gel pads, lanolin, breast shells
- Special-needs feeding aids
- Instructional books and videos
- Custom-fitted nursing/maternity bras, maternity support panties and belts
- The right fit, even for "extra-cleavage" moms
- Styles - from casual to elegant
- Colors - from basic white to animal prints
Board-certified lactation consultants
We answer your questions and ease your mind.
- Help select products that fit your lifestyle
- Breastfeeding classes
- Personal fittings by appointment
- Lactation consultations by appointment
- Return to work planning
- Mother's milk is best for the baby
- Provides for optimal growth and development
- Important bonding time for mother and baby
- Speeds recovery time for new mothers
Early breastfeeding is a natural learning time for mothers and babies
Both may benefit from some time with a good teacher. Getting off to a good start is the key to successful breastfeeding. Our professional lactation consultants can help - in the hospital and afterward. All have advanced training in breastfeeding support, and they're certified by an international board of examiners. They'll help you learn effective positioning techniques, solve problems, and guide you over the bumps on the road to success. Call 757.312.3159 for personal counseling or appointments.
The Lifestyle Center
800 Battlefield Blvd., North
Chesapeake, VA 23320