Chesapeake Regional Medical Center offers patients a team approach to diagnosis, treatment and healing. Here, you'll discover a dedicated team of orthopedic surgeons, nurses, therapists and specialists committed to helping patients minimize pain, increase mobility and reduce or eliminate the need for future joint surgery.
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center and it's affiliated physicians offer:
- Skilled teams who have expertise and credentialing in a wide range of procedures involving the hips, knees and other joints.
- Highly trained orthopedic nurses who specialize in joint care.
- A dedicated inpatient unit within the hospital specially dedicated to orthopedic patients.
- Pre-admission patient education.
- A comprehensive menu of such diagnostic services as MRI, CT and X-ray.
- Inpatient and outpatient surgical services that include minimally invasive procedures.
- In- and outpatient physical therapy care.
- Home health services for patients who need help after their hospital discharge.
- Gender-specific joint replacement.
- Innovative procedures.
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center gets you up and moving - pain-free
Hundreds of thousands of Americans had joint replacement surgery last year. But surprisingly, not all were elderly seniors whose joints had simply worn out with age.
From young athletes with sports injuries to on-the-go Baby Boomers who want to once again dance the night away, an increasing numbers of middle-aged and even younger adults in pain have turned to orthopedic surgeons and hospital programs like the one at Chesapeake Regional for help in restoring and rejuvenating their joints.
How do you know if you are a candidate for surgery?
If simple everyday tasks such as getting up from a chair, bending to pick up the morning paper or climbing stairs are getting too painful to endure, you might want to consult with an orthopedic surgeon.
We make joint surgery as patient friendly as possible, and get patients back on their feet and back to their lives as soon as possible. We'll evaluate your condition and help you choose a course of treatment that makes sense.
Whether it's simple therapy or a surgical option, we'll help you to get on with your life.
Click here to find an orthopedic surgeon affiliated with Chesapeake Regional.